A Unique Charitable Opportunity
Endow Maryland provides an incentive for Marylanders to give back to their local communities in a meaningful and lasting way. You could qualify to receive a 25 percent Maryland tax credit when you give a gift between $500 and $50,000 to a permanent charitable fund, in addition to the Federal charitable deduction allowed for the gift.
How Does It Work?
Community Foundations in Maryland are sharing $250,000 in tax credits for 2018. These credits are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Gifts must support a permanently endowed fund that provides grants or scholarships to an organization within Maryland. Funds with donor participation do not qualify.
How Can I Apply?
- Please contact Becki DeLauter, Philanthropic Services Associate, or call her at 301.695.7660 to verify that the fund you wish to support is eligible, or to learn about what funds qualify.
- Download, print, and complete the Endow Maryland Commitment Form. (required for each contribution.)
- Download, print, and complete the Endow Maryland Waiver of Information Form. (required annually.)
- Return the form to the Community Foundation by choosing one of the following:
- scan and email
- drop off or mail to: 312 East Church Street, Frederick, MD 21701
- fax to 301.695.7775